Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The Start of The Halloween Season?


I'm a huge, huge, HUGE fan of the holidays. I go all out for all the Fall holidays (and I try to do as much as I can with the rest of the years' holidays as well - including St. Pattys, Easter, Bastille Day, Cinco de Mayo, etc.) Seeing as it's mid-September, it seems only appropriate to begin the Halloween season! To kick things off, NPR just put a song by the band Dead Man's Bones (the joint creation of Ryan Gosling and Zach Shields) entitled 'My Body's a Zombie For You,' and let me tell you - it is all kinds of Halloweentastic (yes, I realize this makes me an uber-nerd)!

Upon further research, i've also discovered that the band is planning a tour starting next month! And to make them even cooler, the opening acts will be a talent show featuring local talent from every city they're at! These guys have seriously gained my total respect. Zombies? Halloween? and Talent Show? Sweet mother of jesus! Do yourselves a favor, go listen to the song, and then start bringing out your dusty Halloween decor like i'll be doing this weekend and get ready for the kick off to the best of the holiday season!

No comments: