Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Good News!

Operation Rescue, one of those absurd militant right-wing anti-choice, pro-life groups, is drowning financially! I'm not one to praise the misfortunes of others normally... unless of course you happen to be the kind of people who would wish me misfortune in believing in my right to do what I choose with my body. NPR discusses whether it's really the economy that is hitting the pro-lifers hard, or if it has more to do with the recent death of Dr. George Tiller, who was killed outside of a church by a pro-life nut job. It's truly a shame about Tiller's death (and the deaths of all other abortion providers for that matter), but perhaps one positive thing to come out of it is people's realizations that (although this isn't true for all) many religiously fueled pro-lifers are going too far in their quest to control the lives and bodies of women, using force when they see it as necessary. Either way, I won't be too sad the day Operation Rescue (or any of these other pro-life groups) finally shuts its' doors for good.

No comments: