Sunday, September 20, 2009

Feminist Dinner and a Movie!

In support of the Women's and Gender Studies Department here at the University of Miami, I want to let you all know about their upcoming Dinner and a Movie series! This fabulous event will put together movies of interest to the study of women and gender together with some delicious food and fantastic professors who will be leading discussion about the films we watch! This upcoming Thursday, we'll be kicking off the series by watching the 2009 animated film Wonder Woman, eating some yummy spanakopita, and leading the discussion will be one of my favorite professors at UM, Dr. Pamela Geller. I'm totally psyched about this event, and it's open to anyone (UM and Non-UM people alike!) so feel free to RSVP and make it out!

For more info, check out the flyer which has details about the who, what, where, when, and how to RSVP!

1 comment:

Valerie said...

I saw that movie... it's surprisingly violent. Not sure if I'd call it good, but it's fun, and I hope it opens up some chat on the evolution of Wonder Woman as a character. I wonder if I can make the lecture...