Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Music Inspired By Someone Else.

We all have them. People who in some way or other helped shape who we are today. Whether the experiences were good or bad (or just plain ugly), the result is that we're still here now, existing because that's what we're predisposed to do, I suppose. For whatever it's worth, these are songs that remind me of those individuals who impacted me in some way, even if only for a short while. The songs that remind me of those who managed to scratch my surface enough and get right under my skin, whether romantically or otherwise. While most if not all of these people no longer remain in my life, the songs will always stay with me (from the most beautiful to the most god awful - and mind you, some of these are especially cheesy!)


Mellowdrone - Limb To Limb (couldn't find a non-live version, sadly)


La Ritournelle - Sebastien Tellier


Build Me Up Buttercup - The Foundations


Right Here Waiting - Richard Marx


The Get Up Kids - Don't Hate Me


Polo Montanez covering Gilberto Santa Rose - Un Monton De Estrellas


Dashboard Confessional - Ender Will Save Us All


Sublime - Hope


Kathleen Hanna - I Wish I Was Him

Darwin's Waiting Room - Mario Andretti (Bus Driver Man)


One Line Drawing - Crush On Everyone (couldn't find a complete version unfortunately)


Piebald - American Hearts


GlassJaw - Pretty Lush



There's tons more I know and I'm sure i'll remember more as time goes by (god, what a high school flashback!)...

What songs remind you of the ghosts of your past?

No comments: