Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Tuesday Trailers! (Wednesday Edition!)

Sooo.... life kind of caught up with me and I didn't get around to posting these today. Sorry, everyone! But without further ado... It's Trailer Time!



Play In The Gray - A new documentary about a gender bending performance troupe called All The King's Men (thanks to Feministing for the link!) I'd definitely like to check it out.




I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell - Okay... this movie looks god awful. While I normally pride myself in not posting anything that looks like it sucks on here, I included it for any possible Gilmore fans out there (seeing as the leading man, Matt Czuchry is in it.) All this makes me want to do is cry under the covers until it's all over and then put on my Gilmore Girls Season 5 on (although he was my least favorite of Rory's boyfriends.... but now I'm getting my nerd-talk on and I don't have enough of an audience to alienate the few i've got.)




Julia - So I totally can't put my finger on this trailer. Is it good? Does it suck? I'm at a loss for opinions here. What do you think of it?



45365 - This trailer didn't exactly strike me as something amazing, but I enjoyed the simplicity of it, and of what I imagine the rest of the film must be like. I can dig documentaries about daily life and such.



Fear(s) Of The Dark - This is an old trailer but I don't even know if this ever actually got released in theaters (or if it will eventually), and I recently re-ran in to it, and thought others might appreciate it. Regardless, it looks fantastic.



Bright Star - As always, I'm a sucker for the period piece romance. And Keats! So check this one out... plus they cast a bunch of people i've never heard of which for some reason is something I enjoy thoroughly in a film (so long as they do a good job, of course.)



Nation's Pride - A movie within a movie! I totally fell for it at first when I was this on Apple trailers. I just thought 'Well, holy shit. Someone finally got the balls to make a seriously fucked up movie!' until Tony mentioned to me that he thought it might be an advertising ploy for Inglorious Basterds (which it is.) Even so... entertaining in a tasteless was.



Adam - Apparently this is an older trailer as well but I never caught whiff of it. Looks cute. Aspberger's syndrome must be an unfortunate thing to have to tell people you have. It makes me wonder if i've met people like this cause lord knows i've encountered tons of extremely socially awkward individuals.



A Serious Man - New Coen brothers! Tony has converted me in to a big Coen bros. fan. I first saw Fargo in high school and while I enjoyed it, I wasn't enthralled. Then I moved on to Raising Arizona, The Man Who Wasn't There, Miller's Crossing, The Big Lebowski, and the one that really blew me away - No Country for Old Men. And so, I fell in love with Ethan and Joel and am excited about this latest venture of theirs. Looks very promising!



The Baader Meinhoff Complex - Gael Garcia Bernal playing a German terrorist?! Sounds good to me. I'm not too familiar with this particular time in German history but I think i'll do some research before/after checking out the flick.


What movies are you looking forward to?

No comments: