Thursday, September 03, 2009

Moment of Geek: Weeds.

I've been watching this show for a few years now and it's been all kinds of good and bad. This season just got to be a bit too ridiculous, though. Getting involved with the Mayor of Mexico, having a baby whose legal daddy is actually your dead husband's brother just so you aren't killed, Shane learning Spanish from his new step-daddy's goon and later getting shot, Celia as a faux lesbian, Doug becoming even more ridiculous with time, Silas getting the shaft when it comes to character development, Andy just being ultimately pathetic, and just... I don't know. They even brought in Alanis Morissette to see if she could save it (You oughta know... she really couldn't.) It's just been a roller coaster of crap. And hell, I still miss Conrad (although it seems Sanjay might be making an unexpected comeback! Eep, that wasn't too spoilery I don't think.) My friend Allie had given up on it and my plan was to abandon ship once the season ended (because I felt I owed them at least that much - we had good times, after all.) And well, I guess my bizarre crush on Esteban also helps.

However, one smooth move by little angsty teenager Shane Botwin has totally changed my opinion of the show. Again.


See, he's been slowly moving toward some kind of meltdown. And it makes sense that if your dad dies unexpectedly when you're a child and then your mom becomes a drug king pin of sorts and then marries the mayor of Mexico City and then you get shot as a result - you'll probably be pretty damn fucked up. Anyway, he totally stole the season finale and made it worth the rest of the 26 minutes of crap. If you haven't seen it yet, do yourself a favor and watch. You WILL be back for the next season. Weeds is like that really great pizza every lactose intolerant fool always falls for. Or, in the immortal words of Mr. Al Pacino:

No comments: