Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Tuesday Trailers!

So many trailers, so little time.... Let's begin!



How I Got Lost - Coming of age type film. We all find out eventually life doesn't turn out the way we were expecting it to... and then you get old and wonder what the hell happened. This trailer makes good use of exploiting all that.



The Burning Plain - A tumult of human emotion! This trailer is a lot different from the one on Apple Trailers (this one actually tells you something about what's going on, for instance!) I'm still kind of confused about this one... but maybe i'll watch the DVD or at least wait for more of the plot to unfold in upcoming trailers.



St. Trinians - I know this movie looks god awful, but Colin Firth is in it (as is Rupert Everett in drag)... and it almost seems like something I would've found entertaining when I was 13, so what the hell.


Untitled. - Adam Goldberg stars as a big time asswad. No, seriously. I'm hoping this is a satire about the art world and the pretentiousness of really shitty ideas and how some of these artists these days are so devoid of talent and yet they make all this money and once they're "in the club" so to speak, they can continue to praise the other talentless hacks around them. If I find out this movie it supposed to be serious, however, I will take it off my blog ASAP.



The Ghost - Roman Polanski is finally making a new movie! And we get to see a whopping 17 seconds of it right here! Ewan Macgregor! Squeal!


This one is made possible by Fangoria...


The Angels' Melancholia - Crazy German horror movie. The music makes this trailer especially awkward. So awkward that I had to post it on here.



My Son, My Son, What Have Ye Done - Werner Herzog directed, David Lynch produced. I can't say I've actually seen anything by Herzog, just heard a lot of fuss about him and I know eventually I must watch something of his. This looks like a good place to start. Chloe Sevigny is in it too, so that's a plus!


And last but not least...


Cirque du Freak: The Vampire's Assistant - I.... have no idea, but it looks like it might be fun? Plus John C. Riley is awesome and who doesn't love Salma in a beard?

No comments: