Monday, July 20, 2009

Evil Conspiracy To Get Us Hooked?

Being that I am currently in the poorhouse, as many of us are, I'm not one to quickly judge anyone who might want to get a little free something from the huge corporations that keep our small local businesses from flourishing (sure, I like my local mom&pop spots, but I also live in Miami and those are far and few in between... not to mention, I'm poor and life is about convenience and living on the cheap these days.) As such, here are some free items you might want to cash in on (selling only a tiny portion of your soul in the process. Don't worry, you won't miss it much.)

First there is...


Tomorrow, July 21st, Starbucks is having a "Free Pastry Day." I say "free" because nothing is free. Besides the calories (find the most sensible pastry by comparing and contrasting calories here), you'll also need to spend some cash on a beverage before getting your free goodie. And if that's not enough, you ALSO need to print out this coupon (as seen above) and show it to your local barista in order to acquire said "free" pastry. A lot of work, but do it if you feel up to it. I'll admit, I actually indulged in a tall, soy cinnamon dolce latte this morning before heading to my parents house. Wish I woulda waited til tomorrow to get the "freebie."



Also, there's another company looking to get us hooked on caffeine...



Ol' McDonalds: And while it may very well be that, I'm not usually one to turn down something free. Even if it isn't from this particular evil corporate giant (although I think I cross the line at Wal-Mart.) Anyway, apparently they're having a new promotion, giving away one free iced of hot Mocha (as part of their new McCafe) every Monday from 7am-7pm from now through August 3rd. While I missed today's giveaway, I might just make the quick drive over there next week and see what gives. And if I find myself all of a sudden feeling the dire need to have McDonalds back in my life after many years of going without, i'll know they put some additional drugs in the coffee like I suspected...

Enjoy your free stuff! I'll post more as I get 'em!

No comments: