Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Aoi Hana


I first got really in to anime when I was in my early teen years. I'd been watching Sailor Moon since I was about 10 years old, and then I discovered other anime like Ranma 1/2, Magic Knight Rayearth, and Neon Genesis Evangelion (all of which I enjoyed, but none of which I ever finished.) I've been realizing lately, though, that I miss anime and have been wanting to get back to discovering new shows (as well as finally finishing the old shows I used to watch.) I've reconnected with Sailor Moon and now i've found another new anime thanks to AfterEllen.com. The show is called Aoi Hana, and so far i've watched 2 episodes and am already hooked! Apparently AfterEllen and Crunchyroll have a deal going so that all the episodes can be played free on the AfterEllen website (meanwhile you have to pay for a membership at Crunchyroll) So far, it's about these two girls who were good friends as children, one moved away, but they've reconnected several years later now that they're in highschool. And, well, you'll have to watch to know exactly what happens... Take a look for yourself and if you have any other anime recommendations, let me know! You can watch the first episode fan subbed below:



No comments: