Monday, July 20, 2009

Adam Yauch Diagnosed with a "Treatable" Cancer

Whenever I hear the "C" word, I get the shivers. And apparently it seems to be striking again, this time, with one of my favorite musicians and all around cool guy, Adam Yauch. I saw the Beastie Boys back in 2003 at Field Day Fest (a one-time only festival that was supposed to happen in NYC and wound up being re-located to Giants Stadium in NJ.) They put on a phenomenal show, despite the shitty rain that prevailed throughout the day. Here's the video he posted up on the Beastie Boys website making the announcement:


Luckily it sounds to be much more treatable than most kinds of cancer, so that's something to be thankful for. MCA, we wish you luck and good health and a speedy recovery!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

a great find for panda fanatic!
my roommate and i LOVE this bag
hkpanda.freetzi.com