Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Fireworks.

For the last 2-3 years, i've spent the 4th of July at my friend Marcos' house. He always has a big party, complete with bbq (he's vegetarian so he usually has some goodies for me and Tony), booze, and plenty of fireworks. His backyard is huge, and has a bbq station, a bar, and a pool, and a deck over the lake. It's actually pretty great. However, I kind of miss going to see the fireworks elsewhere. Now that I live in Pinecrest (which is a hop, skip, and jump away from the Biltmore Hotel), I was hoping to check out the early fireworks there before making my way to Marcos' house (should he still be having a party.) They'd been cancelled there for the last year or so due to miscellaneous reasons (ie. rich people not wanting their stupid golf courses disrupted), but it seems like it's going to be cancelled again. The culprit this time? You guessed it. Damn recession.

But now that i've reminded myself about 4th of July, I need to figure out what's going. One thing for sure, i'll be catching as much of the semi-annual Twilight Zone marathon on Sci-Fi Network as possible!

No comments: