Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Monday's Minutes.

- An update in the Elgin Marbles debate! Greece has created an amazing looking museum to convince the British Museum to finally give back the marbles so Greece can display them in their entirety. They said they didn't think Greece could preserve them as well before, but I think they just might have to eat their words now...

- Slate.com addresses something that I never thought about in regards to the HPV Vaccine. I took my Gardasil shot because my doc seemed to think it was a good idea. But reading this, I'm a little pissed to realize it's just another way that women have to do everything and have everything done to them while men get to sit back and reap the benefits. What a crock.

- The NYTimes cut more jobs. And this is just another reason why I dropped out of J-School and opted to write and gather experience on my own time.

-Wherein I'm a complete douche and totally missed the annual Kite Festival for the millionth year in a row. But you can read more about it here since other people did remember.

- I don't have time to analyze this week's episode of Mad Men (something i've been meaning to blog about for a while and hopefully will get a chance to soon), but this gal does a good job for me anyway.

- And finally, IXCHEN, an NGO in my pseudo-motherland of Nicaragua needs YOUR help! Feministing.org was nice enough to post about the recent fire that destroyed this center that provides help (ie. health services) for women and children. The organization needs your help to keep going. I'm definitely going to look in to how else I can help. Here's their blog if you want to know more.

No comments: