Monday, August 24, 2009

VEE-GAHN FAH-SHONN!!


The LA Times has an article today about the new vegan fashion movement and how people no longer have to wear Birkenstocks and hemp dresses. They make mention at one point that we can now find clothing and shoes that isn't as cheap as Payless but isn't as ridiculously overpriced at Stella McCartney's line (where a coat can cost $2000 it seems.) However, where does that leave "good fashion"? I can buy a dress for just $800 instead? I'm happy that the Times are writing about vegan fashion, but I guess I'm still waiting for the vegan equivalent of The Limited to come around. Actually, no wait... cheaper still. Give me some Sweat-Free Vegan $20 pants and $10 shirts, someone! How about some animal-free Doc Marten type boots that won't cost me $50+? Anyone? Guess i'll have to stick to the thrift...

Besides, I kinda like those hemp dresses...

1 comment:

Kandace said...

Check out my blog. http://www.fashionismygirlfriend.com/

I incorporate my vegan values into everything I wear. I also like to rant about these values from time to time. As for my personal style, I adore wearing clothes that other people are too scared to try or don't understand. I guess you could say I'm a fashion idealist with a poor college student budget.

Which sounds exactly like what you're looking for. I like your blog a lot too. Can't to hear what you think :)