Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Feminism on Mad Men

The fine ladies at Jezebel.com have compiled a list of the Top 15 Feminist Moments on Mad Men. I haven't actually watched the show myself, I confess, but i've been having mixed feelings about sitting down and finally giving in. On the one hand, I can dig a show from a different era strictly for the kitsch. However, I have a good feeling (especially after watching those videos) that I would be incredibly pissed off during and after every single episode. Then again, maybe that's the point. To address the issues that used to occur and to realize that while the state of women may have improved to a certain extent (we can get better jobs than we used to, but we still get paid less; etc), things haven't changed enough. At least not to the point where I want them to be. But again, maybe that's the point. I'll probably give it a chance soon... almost done with Twin Peaks anyway. Check it out and let me know what you think!

No comments: