Thursday, June 25, 2009

Icons At the Pearly Gates


Earlier this week, Ed McMahon, Mr. Publisher's Clearinghouse himself, passed away at the age of 86. I never really saw him with Johnny Carson (at least up until this clip, which is damn hilarious.)



I did, however, watch him when I was a child as the host of the American Idol of the 1980's - Star Search! Those were good times... To hell with the Simon douchebag, it was all about Ed.



Rest in peace, Mr. McMahon..


And on a related note...



I just got word that Farrah Fawcett has died, after fighting a long battle with cancer. I can't say I ever really watched anything she was in (maybe a few clips from Charlie's Angels), but I know she was a huge icon of the 1970s and was a really beautiful woman who was a feathered haired inspiration to many. See you around, Farrah.

No comments: