Monday, June 29, 2009

Biden Appoints New White House Advisor on Violence Against Women


While I feel that i've always been a feminist (even before I knew much about the history thereof), and especially since I took my first course on Feminist Inquiries last semester, I become not only more aware of the issues that women face because of our gender, but also painfully amazed at the lack of protections for women, the lack of laws to help end abuse and violence and the overall subjugation of women, and about how many people don't realize any of this. And so, when I heard about this new appointment, i'll be honest. I didn't even know there was no one branch of the government working to end this kind of gendered violence. And so, i'm happy to hear about this, and hopeful that this is another step in the right direction.

Read more about the appointment here.

No comments: